Baumeister

I say Biel the place, Bienne the good place, I say 
Berlin, I say Sagebiel the bad man, the place I say 
the airport. Prof. Sagebiel whose name makes me
taste Bialys, which is inappropriate. The architect I say 
haven, the airport, the incomplete world’s largest building 
1941, I say. He says build the largest building in der welt. 
After ’45, he went back to building. Der Baumeister hat in München gebaut.
Built one last building, a bank he built, which takes 
the biscuit. The prof. the bad man, the architect of, of no future.
Say Biel
after Belenus
think of Beltane of 
of Calton Hill think 
of Samhain 2004 
and the Green Man
of Playfair, der Baumeister
think of Avebury, the henge. 
I say monolith, I say monument. 
Athens of the north 
think of David Hume 
Tower. In the library I 
say Basil Spence, I say 
der Baumeister, the sage, 
the - I say - the speaker
He the speaker thinks
he the word, and
men who speak and say “bauen”. I say build in Berlin
or build in Biel/Bienne. I say good or bad - building stelai. 
I say carve out the names of the men you mean to memorialise. 
I say remember the sun god or the bad man, the spa man, I say
remember the man bathing. Remember sage, remember, I say
I am the sage man - I rinse myself down and I say I can 
remember to carve stone. I can remember to monumentalise
this or that. Or damn it all. Or stop. I say stop, I say make
each stele a biscuit in your mouth and bite it. Impress 
upon it nothing except your teeth marks. I say build, I say 
bau. House, bark, bough. House I say. I say kuchen. 
Takes the biscuit, keks, the biscuit, I say cook the stones
impress upon them. I say break the bau and build wood
around the base of the damned sarsen stone and bake
the biscuit and break it into pieces and eat it.